Open up a book and select a random word from it, then try to relate that word back to what it is you’re trying to do. There are certainly ways the words can relate, you just have to find them.
I like this creative idea, I have read about this for songwriters that like to write lyrics for their songs, I’m more of an instrumental songwriter myself. But for lyricists this is great. But you have to be in music to use this technique. But this is how I relate to it.
- Tour Diary – August 6th – The Night Before… (thepoetryquestion.com)
- Is it possible to create “unique” music through songwriting alone anymore? (gearslutz.com)
- “Pet Sounds” Entry (jessienunn.wordpress.com)
- Songwriting Tips from Allen Mattox of Worth Dying For (fearlessla.wordpress.com)
- Peter Cooper On Music: Chris Gantry won’t tell you how to write a hit (blogs.tennessean.com)