Thanks to two important new partnerships, BandPage is taking the content posted to its app by 500,00 musicians and spreading it to millions of potential fans on Microsoft’s XBox Music and VEVO. These partnerships, and those that are likely to follow, are a boost to artists who previously had no way to control their image or content on these highly trafficked sites.
At launch XBox Music will just import artist photos and profiles from BandPage. VEVO will also add tour dates. But expect both the range of content and the services linked to to expand. BandPage has also integrated with Pandora, WordPress, Twitter and Facebook.
“This is the vision that I’ve had since we started BandPage,” founder and CEO J. Sider told Hypebot just before the launch. “It began with us helping artists reach the large pool of fans on Facebook; and then we added widgets to take content to web sites and blogs, Now, we’re extending that content to tens of millions of music fans on XBox Music and VEVO.”
For the many companies creating direct to fan and other artist services, partnerships with sites popular with fans are increasingly the best way to increase their reach. Last year, Topspin and Viacom launched a similar service, GoDirect, which allows artists to take more control of the image on MTV.com, VH1.com, CMT.com and related sites. Thus far, the Topspin created service has not spread beyond Viacom sites.
“Over the last couple of years these music and entertainment platforms have grown to hundreds of millions of fans and will create a new era of targeted marketing and engagement for the music industry,” says Sider.
BandPage Launches ‘Connect’ To Integrate Artist Profiles Across Social & Music Platforms
BandPage Expands With Fan Experiences Platform
BandPage Expands To Become Hub For Musician Content On The Web
BandPage Adds Deeper Partner Integrations & New Usage Stats
BandPage Extends Profiles, Concert Dates To Pandora, Facebook, Twitter & Soundcloud
- BandPage Partners With XBox Music, VEVO To Extend Artists Reach To Millions (hypebot.com)
- BandPage strikes deals with Vevo and Xbox Music (musicweek.com)
- BandPage Plugs Into XBox Music and VEVO (socialtimes.com)
- Xbox Music and VEVO Select BandPage Platform to Empower Musicians to Reach Tens of Millions of Fans (hispanicbusiness.com)
- BandPage Aims To Be Necessary With Deal To Help Artists Manage VEVO And Xbox Music Profiles (techcrunch.com)
- Rapper and Singer Solomon Releases Lyric Video For New Single “The Way We Were” on VEVO (prweb.com)