Do the dishes, sort clothes or stacks of paper, or do something else that is fairly boring. When you do boring things your subconscious is free to work on the problem or project while your conscious mind is occupied.
Doing something boring no matter what it is to you. This can also bring new ideas to you, when thinking about them. This can be anything from doing dishes, taking a shower, driving to work, listening to music, being at work, anything that will you thinking.
- 5 Theories of the Conscious Mind (psych.answers.com)
- Re-runs (quantumperceptions.wordpress.com)
- Wide-Awake: The Basics of Consciousness (psych.answers.com)
- The Inherent Power of Vulnerability. (aurajade.wordpress.com)
- Three ways to survive small talk when you’re questioning the meaning of life (thehappyrat.wordpress.com)
- Points for Pondering (ladyimbriumsholocron.wordpress.com)
- Cliches are Boring (bodekelley.wordpress.com)
- The Boring, Ugly, and Unimportant – Biases in Manuscript Research (rohonczcodex.wordpress.com)