How I Listen: ReverbNation’s Jed Carlson
Hypebot has always been about the business of music. But in our new series, How I Listen, we’re asking industry leaders and artists to share how they discover and consume music. This week features Jed Carlson, the President and co-founder of ReverbNation.
1) What device(s) do you use to listen to music?
iPhone when I run. iPhone w/bluetooth connection in my car. iTunes streamed through AppleTV and home audio system (Sony amp with PSB speakers) at home.
2) What streaming music service(s) do you use most often?
Youtube, Pandora, and, of course, ReverbNation (I use the “rabbit hole” button on the site)
4) What new music are you listening to most this week?
Daft Punk‘s new release (but maybe that’s not ‘new’ anymore?)
5) Shameless Plug: What are you promoting/launching/planning that you want to share?
We’re testing out a new way to bubble up the best new stuff from ReverbNation Artists to our homepage. More on that to come.
Roundtable: Is Music Discovery a Feature or Product?
Music Tech Exec Roundtable: Who Does Music Discovery Appeal To?
Jed Carlson: Why You Need A Social Media Strategy
Top Musician App Providers Respond To Major Facebook Band Page Changes
For Music Discovery, Definition Often Varies
1,000,000th Band Joins ReverbNation
The Biggest Problem With Music Discovery Services
ReverbNation Launches PROMOTE IT Facebook Advertising Platform
Guest Post on 06/24/2013 in How I Listen, Music Business, Music Tech | Permalink
- How I Listen: ReverbNation’s Jed Carlson (hypebot.com)
- Just Launched: ReverbNation and SoundOut Partner Up for ‘Crowd Review’ (thisindustrythingofours.wordpress.com)
- ReverbNation Partners With SoundOut For Crowd Sourced Song Analytics (hypebot.com)
- The Biggest Problem With Music Discovery Services (hypebot.com)